Why Utilize Print Spool Appliances?
Offloading print services from the general purpose server onto specialized print appliances enhances the availability of network printing services. Appliances concentrate on one single task. That is why they are more stable than complex server architectures.
SEH ISD Intelligent Spooling Devices
The ISD Intelligent Spooling Devices are SEH's network spooling solution with a strong focus on cost-saving and user-friendliness. They provide the efficient spooling of all print jobs and the management of all available printers as print queues in any network where print job spooling is otherwise managed by central servers.
On top of this, ISD appliances are extremely cost-efficient and energy-saving:
- No extra hardware costs for mouse, keyboard, monitor etc.
- No extra software costs for licenses, free updates
- Minimum maintenance, maximum system stability, and highest availability of print services
- No specially trained staff required
Easy Printer Driver Management
With ISD appliances you do not have to worry about printer driver management: Simply store all required printer drivers to the ISD! With the Point-and-Print functionality by Microsoft for central printer driver management they will be uploaded from there to each workstation – without any manual printer driver installation! Just manage printer driver settings (e.g. duplex, paper trays) centrally and distribute drivers via the ISD. Your field staff does not need to install any printer drivers when visiting a branch office – they can simply start to print! And: We are also supporting the UPD from HP!
ISD as ThinPrint Gateway
ISD appliances can function as ThinPrint Gateways, too. They receive ThinPrint compressed and bandwidth-optimized print data from the .print server and decompress this data in the local network. The decompressed data is then sent in its original form to the available print servers in the LAN. As ThinPrint Gateways the ISD appliances also support valuable ThinPrint features such as AutoConnect and are compatible with the ThinPrint Output Gateway.
The ISD product range has been certified by ThinPrint and carries the ".print Certified" Logo.
More Highlights at a Glance:
- Practical, userfriendly tools for monitoring, simple and fast back-ups etc.
- Securing and boosting server performance
- Fast and simple installation
- Direct attachment to the network without interrupting server operation
- Automatical localization of printers
- Boots in less than 90 seconds
- Comprehensive security package
- 3 years warranty
- Many value-added features – many fields of application!