All of our industrial products are made to be installed in a server rack on a top hat railing. If you combine the SU-302 and INU-100 you can use your serial devices over the TCP/IP network. INU-100 connects USB devices such as the SU-302 in ethernet networks. Serial devices can then be used easily and flexibly in modern industrial environments.
- Simple and reliable integration of diverse USB devices in an industrial PC or network
- Centralized access management via PC/industrial PC
- Cost savings through usage of standard USB devices (devices without network connector)
- Data security
- simple connection of a variety of serial devices to a PC or industrial PC
- serial devices without alternative can be used
- extensive compatibility with serial devices
- driver availability is guaranteed
- in combination with a USB Deviceserver INU-100 serial devices can be embedded into a TCP/IP network ("USB cable extension" via Ethernet network)
- secure data transmission
- central management from a PC/industrial PC via intranet/internet
- simple extension of USB ports (e.g. at an industrial PC)
- space-saving usage of USB devices (e.g. in a control cabinet or server rack)
- top compatibility with USB devices
- overvoltage protection (connected USB devices are guarded reliably against too high voltages caused by faulty power supplies and the like)
- as a standard hub the IH-304 is supported by almost every operating system
- cost-saving and straightforward multi-usage of USB Deviceserver INU-100 usb ports
Authentication with RFID card to virtualized system
Many companies use a Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition-System (SCADA) such as the WinCC (Windows Control Center) to control production sites. To save costs and ensure effectiveness, many use Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) solutions. This software runs on a server in a server room and it is used via a panel PC on site in production.
This solution offers many advantages for the IT team: it can bundle maintenance, manage virtual systems centrally and cost effectively use the hardware in the data center. Updates can also be completed quickly and effectively.
On the production site, site operators can control and manage production over a panel PC. They can use a RFID card to authorize without signing in or entering a password. The RFID reader is connected to the work station in the server room over the INU-100 USB Deviceserver via TCP/IP, on which the UTN Manager and WinCC run.
The UTN Manage activates the RFID reader and transfers the operator’s credentials to WinCC. The operator has quick and secure access to visualizations which is especially needed in hectic situations. The INU-100 also offers an option for encrypting the authentication data which in turn ensures security.
In comparison to other proprietary solutions, the INU-100 offers users freedom in selecting applicable components. This flexibility allows for cost savings and independence when designing the system. Additionally, the device server has a second USB port for a direct connection of sensors or serial to ethernet adaptor.
- Efficiency in IT: centralized maintenance and distribution of images
- Efficiency in production: faster access without password in hectic situations
- Cost effectiveness through using low-cost hardware in data centers
- Cost effectiveness through freedom of selection of components
- Security through encryption
- Flexibility through connecting other devices to device server