At a glance
- Serial to USB data converter for industrial environments (RS-232 and RS-485/EIA-485; compatible with RS-422/EIS-422)
- Installation in control cabinets via top-hat rail housing for rails according to DIN EN 60715 (35 mm wide)
- Power supply via USB
- Immune to interference and robust
If you are interested in purchasing or testing a device or to find out more information please contact our Sales Team:
- simple connection of a variety of serial devices to a PC or industrial PC
- serial devices without alternative can be used
- extensive compatibility with serial devices
- driver availability is guaranteed
- in combination with a USB Deviceserver INU-100 serial devices can be embedded into a TCP/IP network ("USB cable extension" via Ethernet network)
- secure data transmission
- central management from a PC/industrial PC via intranet/internet
The industrial solution for serial devices!
The SU-302 serial to USB converter embeds almost every serial devices via USB into the most diverse industrial environments.
The SU-302 is mounted on a top-hat rail in a control cabinet. Then the serial devices must be connected and the USB connection to a PC or industrial PC established. The USB connection plays a double role in this, it transfers data and supplies power. All that is then left to do, is to install the driver for the SU-302 on the client and to set up the serial devices on it.
If you combine the SU-302 with a USB Deviceserver INU-100, you can even use the serial devices via TCP/IP network. For the USB Deviceserver INU-100 embeds USB devices such as the SU-302 into Ethernet networks. The serial devices can then be used flexibly and independent of location in modern environments!
Long-term availability is of utmost importance in industrial environments. Therefore the SU-302 is physically robust and immune to interference. On the digital level, we guarantee the driver availability!
- connection of various serial devices:
- industrial automation: connection of sensors, gauges, valves, meters, actuators etc.
- industrial manufacturing: connection of industrial robots, pumps, analyzers etc.
- process control connection of peripheral devices
- And many more!
- cost-saving modernization: embedding of existing serial devices into new digital structures via USB (or TCP/IP with USB Deviceserver INU-100)
- simple plant changes: connection of existing, fixed-installation serial devices such as modems or telephone systems to changes structures.
- combination of serial devices and new, up-to-date USB devices (or TCP/IP with USB Deviceserver INU-100)
- 1 × USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Port (USB uplink and power supply)
- 1 × RS-232 serial interface (connector: D-Sub, DE-9; Signals: TXD, RXD, RTS, CTS, DTR, DTS, DCD, RI)
- 1 × RS-485/EIA-485 (compatible with RS-422/EIS-422) serial interface (screw terminals A B Y Z; full or half duplex mode)
- For Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016 and Linux
- Free worldwide support
- Up to 5 years guarantee
Serial to Ethernet Converter
In combination with our USB Deviceserver INU-100, you can even use serial devices over your TCP/IP network. The INU-100 connects USB devices in Ethernet networks. Your serial devices can be used simply and without any spatial restrictions in modern environments. Find out more!
- M07260 (EU)
- M07262 (US)
Where to Buy
SEH has a wide network of distributors and re-sellers worldwide. For a complete list of dealers and re-sellers, both European and worldwide, please visit our "where to buy" page.