LIMITED WARRANTY OF SEH TECHNOLOGY, INC. (US ONLY)
1. SEH TECHNOLOGY, INC. (“SEH”) warrants to you, the end-user customer, that its print servers, FC Fiber adapters, ISD Intelligent Spooling Devices, myUTN USB device servers, myUTN dongleservers, myUTN-120 SDCardservers, myUTN-130 Scannerservers, mySND-120 File Access Servers and ThinPrint® Gateways and ThinPrint® Readers will be free from defects in materials and workmanship after the date of purchase, for a period of THREE (3) YEARS. If SEH receives notice of such defects during the THREE (3) YEAR period, SEH will replace products that prove to be defective. Replacement products may be either new or equivalent in performance to new. SEH will, at its discretion, replace a defective product with a substitute model. This limited warranty does not apply to replacement units purchased at a special replacement price.
2. With respect to certain SEH products, this limited warranty will be extended free of charge for an additional 24 months provided that the products are registered via the web site of SEH Computertechnik GmbH, http://www.seh-technology.com/home.html. Registration must take place within 2 months after the date of purchase. By registering applicable SEH products in order to be granted the free limited warranty extension to 5 years, the customer agrees to receive SEH marketing and promotional material on an irregular basis. We refer to the Privacy Statement of SEH Computertechnik GmbH. The product information brochures and website of SEH Computertechnik GmbH contain information about the availability of this limited warranty extension for products.
3. With respect to the myUTN-800 (M05802) Dongleserver, this limited warranty will be extended for an additional 24 months only with the purchase of the myUTN-800 Serviceplus Service, which must be registered in accordance with the terms of the myUTN-800 ServiceplusAgreement.
4. With respect to the myUTN-80 (M05202) Dongleserver, this limited warranty will be extended for an additional 24 months only with the purchase of the myUTN-80 Serviceplus Service, which must be registered in accordance with the terms of the myUTN-80 Serviceplus Agreement.
5. Within the limited warranty period, SEH will replace products free of charge if the following defects occur:
a. malfunction as described in the data sheet at the time of purchase;
b. defective components;
c. defects in workmanship; or
d. with regard to the software included in delivery, a faultless execution of the programming code is not possible.
6. SEH does not warrant that the operation of SEH products will be uninterrupted or error free.
7. The customer’s remedy under this limited warranty is limited to the right to replacement as described herein.
8. This limited warranty does not apply to defects resulting from:
b. modifications to hardware and/or software;
c. mechanical damage;
d. incorrect parameter settings;
e. use of the product other than as described in the product specification;
f. necessary software adaptations to the end customer's network environment;
g. incorrect positioning or installation.
h. extraneous causes (such as damage in transit, damage caused by shock or impact).
i. repairs and modifications carried out by unauthorized persons; and/or
j. circumstances that are the responsibility of our distributors
9. For service under this limited warranty, contact SEH at +1-610-943-3226 or by way of fax, 484-229-0697, or email,m.majewski(at)seh-technology.com. For defective products, we offer a simple and straightforward replacement service. To use this service, after obtaining a Return Materials Authorization (“RMA”) from SEH, please return any defective products directly to SEH:
SEH Technology, Inc.
518 Kimberton Rd.
P.O. Box 410
Phoenixville, PA 19460
Please use the original SEH product package to return any defective products. When returning an ISD, please use the original product package plus the original SEH shipment carton. This carton has been specifically designed for shipment of the ISD, and provides the best possible protection from potential shipment damage. Please note that SEH reserves the right to limit the services available under this limited warranty should another shipment carton be used. Insufficient shipment cartons may result in voiding the limited warranty. The customer bears the risk of loss or damage to/from the location where the limited warranty claims are accepted or where the replacement product is delivered.
Please make sure you also provide proof of purchase of the defective product to prove that the product is still under limited warranty. If proof of purchase is provided and the product is still under limited warranty, the replacement unit will generally be shipped immediately. In the event of questions or problems, our RMA department will get in touch with you. In urgent cases, customers can also request to be sent an advance replacement unit. Please contact our Support Department.
10. If a product is replaced pursuant to the terms of this limited warranty, the limited warranty period hereunder is not extended. Rather, the limited warranty period for the replacement product expires at the end of the limited warranty period for the originally purchased product.
11. All limited warranty claims become time-barred on the expiration of the limited warranty period. However, if a defect is claimed within the limited warranty period, but SEH fails to replace the product by the end of the limited warranty period, the limited warranty period will be extended until SEH has delivered a fully operational replacement product.
12. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES APPLICABLE TO THE SALE OF SEH PRODUCTS, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO THE THREE (3) YEAR DURATION OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTY IN PARAGRAPH ONE (1) ABOVE. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, THE ABOVE WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND NO OTHER WARRANTY OR CONDITION, WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL, IS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
13. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, THE REMEDY IN THIS SEH LIMITED WARRANTY STATEMENT IS YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY. IN NO EVENT WILL SEH OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR LOSS OF DATA OR FOR DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING LOST PROFIT OR DATA), OR OTHER DAMAGE, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
14. This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. The limited warranty terms contained in this statement, except to the extent lawfully permitted, do not exclude, restrict or modify and are in addition to the mandatory statutory rights applicable to the sale of SEH products to you.
15. This limited warranty is valid for products purchased in the United States of America.