The following legal provisions apply to our manufacturer's warranty:
- For print servers, FC Fiber adapters, Industrial Solutions, myUTN USB Deviceservers, myUTN Dongleservers, Mobility solution primos and for ThinPrint® Gateways and ThinPrint® Readers SEH grants a 36 month manufacturer's warranty. This manufacturer's warranty does not apply to replacement units purchased at a special replacement price. With certain SEH products this warranty is extended free of charge by an additional 24 months on condition that the products are registered via our web site. Registration must take place within 2 months after the date of purchase. The warranty extension is granted according to the conditions outlined under point 10 of these provisions. The product information brochures and websites contain information as to the availability of this warranty extension for SEH products.
The manufacturer's warranty constitutes a voluntary service of SEH Computertechnik GmbH. The customer's legal rights that result from the sales contract with the vendor will not be affected by the additional service which SEH Computertechnik GmbH grants to the end customer.
- The manufacturer's warranty of SEH Computertechnik GmbH does not represent a warranty in a legal sense regarding to the laws of Germany. It rather constitutes an additional service for the end customer.
- SEH Computertechnik GmbH repairs defects in manufacture or workmanship free of charge. SEH Computertechnik GmbH will, at its discretion, replace a defective product with a substitute model. This is valid for all defects mentioned under point 4 which arise from the date of purchase until the end of the warranty period.
- Within the warranty period, we will conduct repairs free of charge if the following occur:
- malfunction as described in the data sheet at the time of purchase
- defective components
- defects in workmanship
- with regard to the software included in delivery: a faultless execution of the programming code is not possible.
- The manufacturer's warranty does not cover the following:
- modifications to hardware and/or software
- mechanical damage
- incorrect parameter settings
- use of the product other than as described in the product specification
- necessary software adaptations to the end customer's network environment
- incorrect positioning or installation
- extraneous causes (such as damage in transit, damage caused by shock or impact)
- repairs and modifications carried out by unauthorized persons
- circumstances that are the responsibility of our distributors
- The handling of warranty claims is outlined in our RMA regulations.
- The end customer bears the risk of loss or damage to/from the location where the warranty claims are accepted or where the replaced product is delivered.
- This service of SEH Computertechnik GmbH does not constitute any claim other than the right to product replacement as described in point 3.
- If a product is replaced after the first 24 months, i.e. after the legal warranty period has expired under the laws of Germany, the legal warranty period for the product is not renewed.
- Replacement does neither lead to an extension of the legal warranty period nor to a renewal of the manufacturer's guarantee. The warranty period for replaced or built-in spare parts expires at the end of the warranty period for the originally purchased product.
- All guarantee claims become time-barred on the expiration of the guarantee period. However, if a defect is claimed within the warranty period, but the manufacturer fails to repair the defect by the end of the warranty period, the warranty period will be extended until the claimed defect has been repaired or the manufacturer has delivered a fully operational replacement product.
This warranty is valid for products purchased worldwide.