SEH Technology updates INU-100 Industrial USB Device Server with extended features
For more than five years, SEH Technology has been offering its USB device server for industrial use. The functionality of the updated INU-100 has significantly increased, meaning the device server is now compatible with the other new device server models, including the utnserver Pro and utnserver ProMAX.
The INU-100 is an industrial USB device server designed for mounting in control cabinets and server racks, allowing for a uniform and "clean" integration into the existing IT infrastructures. Users are then able to access USB devices or via USB2Serial adapter serial peripherals on the network. The special point-to-point connection, as with local connections at the client, ensures secure and location-independent access. SEH Technology also ensures high reliability and availability for the INU-100, which is indispensable in the industrial sector.
With the new INU-100, the update files are no longer divided into firmware and software. In practice, this means that there is now only one update file, which significantly simplifies maintenance for users. In addition, SEH Technology has updated the software with a revised INU-100 control center with web-based administration for user-friendly handling.
Furthermore, the network specialist company has added full IPv6 support for the product, extended IP VLAN as well as WebDAV and Syslog-ng support. This is essential for secure monitoring in industrial environments. Captured data is stored on the INU-100, but can also be transmitted in parallel and automatically to a syslog-ng and a WebDAV server for evaluation.
Other update features at a glance:
- TLS 1.3 for safeguarding any communication according to the current technical standard
- Fully encrypted USB communication between the INU-100 and its clients
- USB ports of INU-100 can be keyed and hidden from unauthorized users (function: "Hide port key protected USB ports")
- Enhanced port key control using 2 port keys; port key validity can be configured to "forever", "expiring", or "weekly"
- Automatic parameter backup via e-mail, triggered by a configuration change or firmware update
The technical details at a glance:
- Weidmüller DIN rail housing for installation in racks and subracks per 35 mm DIN rail in accordance with DIN EN 60715 (50022)
- Two USB 3.0 SuperSpeed ports
- Redundant power supply (12 V - 48V)
- Change Over Relais (potential-free changeover switch)
- microSD Card for automatic backup
- Gigabit network connection (10/100/1000BaseT)
- 256 MB DDR3 RAM
- 32 MB SPI-Flash
- Regular software updates
- Free technical support worldwide
- Up to five years manufacturer warranty
For more information on SEH Technology’s UNU-100, visit the website: https://www.seh-technology.com/products/industrial-solutions/inu-100.html